National Coding Competition
Code The Ocean is the second national children’s coding competition organized by Koding Next. This competition is intended for all Indonesian students with an age range of 8 to 16 years. Koding Next raises the theme of good behavior in marine conservation and utilization. This theme is in line with the 2022 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) report number 14.
Free Coding Development Webinar
All participants are invited to join our webinar. During the webinar, Koding Next teachers will teach you how to build game projects in Scratch 3.0 and Roblox Studio. In this way, participants can prepare themselves to compete. Further information regarding the coding coaching webinar link will be shared on our Discord channel.
March 4, 2023
Designing Game Visuals: Going to the Beach
Students will learn how to design beach-themed game visuals and create interactive characters.
March 18, 2023
Making Point System: Catch Fruit
Students will learn how to make a system of adding or subtracting points in the fruit catch game.
April 1, 2023
Programming Game Time: Sunset on the Beach
Students will learn how to program the time in the game and the visual effect of changing color on an object.
April 15, 2023
Creating a Game UI: I Win
Students will learn how to program win-lose conditions in the announcement screen.
The Excitement of National Coding Competition 2022
All information and activities related to the National Coding Competition will be conducted through our Discord channel. Make sure you are also registered there to participate in the competition.
Frequently Asked Question
All children with Indonesian citizenship, from the age of 8 to 16 years old. This age range applies to participants before July 1, 2023.
Each participant must choose one of the competition categories:
- Visual Block Coding category, for children aged 8-12 years old
- Text Based Coding category, for children aged 12-16 years old
The skills and abilities of the participants are not taken into consideration when selecting the category. Participants who are 12 years old can choose one category according to their abilities. If a participant does not have coding skills, we suggest joining the Visual Block Coding category, and if a participant already has coding skills, we recommend joining the Text Based Coding category.
You need to fill out the registration form at the following link: https://bit.ly/codetheocean23
No. Participants are not required to pay any fees at all to register.
Each participant is only allowed to submit one project. Make sure that the project you submit is your best work.
- Stage II Semifinal
We will select the top 10 participants from the Beginner Category and the top 10 participants from the Advanced Category in each chosen semifinal location of Koding Next. In total, 200 participants will be invited to compete in a hybrid format at the Koding Next location.
- Stage III Final
We will choose the best 1 participant from the Beginner Category and the best 1 participant from the Advanced Category in each chosen semifinal location of Koding Next. In total, 20 participants will be invited to compete offline at the Koding Next location.
If the pandemic situation worsens, the event will be conducted online.
- Scratch 3.0: Participants in the Beginner Category must use Scratch 3.0 to create their competition projects. This software can be accessed through a browser or downloaded for free from Scratch website.
- Roblox Studio: Participants in the Advanced Category must use Roblox Studio to create their competition projects. This software can be downloaded for free from the Roblox website.
- PC/Windows: Windows 10, running IE (Internet Explorer) version 11 or higher. Mac: macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and newer.
- Aksesori: A 2-button mouse with a scroll wheel will facilitate the creation of competition projects.
- Akses Internet: Internet access is necessary to ensure that your software is up to date and to successfully save your competition projects to your Scratch 3.0/Roblox account. We recommend an internet connection with a minimum speed of 4-8 Mbps.
- Internal komputer:
- Graphics Card: A computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated graphics card, or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated graphics card.
- Processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or higher.
- At least 1GB of available memory in the system.